Monday, October 12, 2009

California

Anthony and I went to California to go to his uncle's wedding. It was a much needed vacation for the both of us and it was so nice to spend time with each other. The wedding was amazing, seriously the most perfect wedding i have seen in forever! It ended up not being so much of a vacation for us in the end, but we still had a great time together and it was so fun to see his family from California because we never get to see them. His family is so awesome and I wish we would have been able to spend more time with them. We got back from California last Tuesday, we had to drive all night long because we both had to work on tues morning and a bunch of stuff happened that made us not able to leave cali until like 10 at night so we had a 12 hour drive and were both supposed to be at work in the morning. Ya, no way were we going to make it. I was luckily able to get a sub to take my classes so i drove all night so anthony could sleep since he had to go straight to work when we got into town. It sucked to say the least, but after multiple energy drinks, books on tape and a lot of pit stops we made it.

Work is still going great, i LOVE my job its so crazy to get paid to do something you love. It was my niece Constance's birthday on Sat. she turned 1. i can't believe she is already a year old. She is walking already and has the cutest little personality. Jeremy and Sara (parents) had a Halloween birthday party for her with all of the fam and close friends. It was so fun and i love when we all get together. My family is so amazing and I love spending time with them and now that i don't work for my parents anymore i don't see them nearly as much as i use to. Anthony had to work though so he couldn't make it, but it was so fun to see everyone and see all of the fun costumes. My grandma Peterson I have to say had the best costume of all....she made a night stand out of cardboard and wore it around her neck, put a lamp shade over her head with eye holes cut out and had a sign that said "one night stand" haha what a hilarious costume, especially for a grandma to wear i loved it and am going to steal her idea one of these years. I have pictures of it that i haven't uploaded yet, but i will. She put so much detail into it and it turned out so perfect. Thats about everything that has been going on lately. Our lives aren't too exciting, but thats the way we like it, everything just seems to be falling perfectly into place for us and we are so thankful for everything we have. Here are some pics from California, I have some from Constance's b-day but haven't uploaded them yet so when i do i will post them too.
Starting out on our long drive.

On our way to the wedding

such a beautiful wedding

Anthony, his aunt Kim and cousin Bronson

Anthony and his uncle Steven

playing football on the beach

3 comments:

Daniel & Shandi said...

The wedding looks like it was gorgeous! That's so awesome you guys went to Cali for it.

I'm so glad you like your job! It makes such a big difference.

I can't wait to see pictures of your grandma's costume! You should wear it to Dustin's Halloween party!! ha. =0)

Sara said...

I was wondering what you went to Cali for. Thanks for comming to the party, I hope everyone had fun. I will admit Gma Peterson showed us ALL up!!! I am STILL laughing about it!

derek and kimber said...

How fun!! Aren't those the best trips sometimes, just you and your man?!